Are you safeguarding your children from the danger of battery ingestion?

Posted April 25th, 2014 at 6:04 am by Karen   |  No Comments ››

All batteries should be kept out of children’s reach to avoid accidental battery ingestion.  Particularly prone to ingestion are the small, round, miniature batteries, often called coin cells or button batteries.  These batteries are composed of metals like zinc, nickel, silver, cadmium, and lithium.  Some contain concentrated solutions of caustic electrolytes, and even mercury.  

[youtube id=f_ahFOv4BMw]

How exposed are our children to …

Read more...